What to Expect When You Visit
In an effort to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests, staff, family and community, we have made some modifications to the normal Ribbon Ridge Vineyard visitor experience. While we understand it won’t be the same as you may have enjoyed on prior visits, your health and safety is paramount to us, so we hope you will join us in doing all we can to help nip this coronavirus in the bud. The modifications are based on COVID-19 Best Practices in the workplace as well as recommendations on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Reopening by the Oregon Governor’s office and the Guidelines for Wine Tasting Room Operations published by the Oregon Wine Industry Task Force.
Pick Up or Park?
We will have a designated drive-through pick-up area where you can pick up your pre-ordered wine without leaving your car.
- Follow the signs to the Curbside Pick-Up area and proceed to the tent where you’ll be greeted by one of us or a volunteer. If no one is there, please call 503-502-5255. If you place your orders on our website or by calling Robin at 503-348-8298, we can have your order ready and waiting for you. The greeter can help you if you don’t have an order waiting or you want to change or pay for an order.
We will also have a limited amount of seating available in and around the tasting pavilion by appointment only. To make an appointment to visit, email us at email@example.com. You are also welcome to bring your own chairs and set them up anywhere on the property as long as you make an appointment and maintain a minimum of six feet distance from other groups and aisles.
In the Tasting Pavilion
- There is a designated entrance and marked exits and one-way aisles. We ask that your group wait at the entrance to be greeted and seated. One of us or a volunteer will greet you at the entrance.
- No guest exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be granted access. Please refer to the posted signs if in doubt. We do have a contactless thermometer onsite for anyone wishing to have their temperature taken.
- Guests are requested to wear masks when they arrive and any time they are not at their table. We do have a limited number of disposable masks available.
- To aid in contact tracking should it become necessary, we ask that you assist us in completing a guest log listing the members of your group and your arrival time.
- If you want to engage with us or other guests, please keep in mind social distancing guidelines.
Once You Are Seated
- Wine tasting flights will be available. The tasting fee is $15 per person for a flight of five wines. One tasting fee is waived for each bottle of wine purchased. The tasting fee is waived for Wine Club members. We will provide disposable wine glasses (not as bad as it sounds) or you are welcome to bring your own glassware. We will serve each of the wines in the flight at your table.
- Wines will also be available by the glass or by the bottle.
- While supplies last, whole wood-fired pizzas will be available for purchase. These can be enjoyed onsite or to go. Complimentary for wine club members and to accompany wine tasting flights.
- Sanitizing supplies, including hand sanitizer, spray disinfectant, paper towels and disposable gloves will be readily available. We will sanitize tables and chairs between guests so please be patient and wait to be seated.
- A portable toilet with a hand washing station will be available. While the unit will be sanitized regularly, it will not be possible to sanitize it before and after each use. To ensure your safety, we recommend that you wear your mask and that you use the provided sanitizing supplies to sanitize surfaces prior to use.
As detailed above, RRV, LLC dba Ribbon Ridge Vineyards has implemented measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests, staff, family and community that meet or exceed CDC and industry recommendations. However, in spite of our best efforts, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 that interacting with others presents. There is a risk that merely being in the presence of others may result in exposure to or being infected by COVID-19.
To that end, upon arrival we will ask all of our guests to agree to a liability waiver that:
- Acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19;
- Voluntarily assumes the risk that they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and;
- Expressly releases RRV, LLC, its ownership, staff and volunteers, for any and all liabilities for any and all COVID-19 related matters.
We thank you in advance for your consideration and cooperation during this pandemic.
Directions to Ribbon Ridge Vineyard
Ribbon Ridge Vineyard is on North Valley Road between Newberg and Gaston, about 35 miles southwest of Portland.
Take Highway 99 W southwest to Newberg. Near the west end of Newberg, turn right on North Main, following the signs to Highway 240 and Chehalem Valley. After a few blocks, veer left following the main road (SR 240 N. Chehalem Drive).
Continue on SR 240 N. Chehalem Drive five miles to Ribbon Ridge Road. Turn right to cross Chehalem Valley.
After you cross the valley, turn left and stay on the paved road, North Valley Road. (Ribbon Ridge Road continues straight and is unpaved — don’t take it.)
Continue approximately 2 miles on North Valley Road from the intersection with Ribbon Ridge Road. The road to the vineyard is on the right at 14741 NE North Valley Road, 1 mile past Tillicum Camp and Patricia Green Cellars, and just past an old farm on the right. Look for the Pihl Built Road street sign and Bryce on the mailbox.
Turn right on Pihl Built Road and follow the yellow arrows on the main road up the hill until you reach Bryce Vineyard and a fork in the road. At the fork, bear right and through the gate to Ribbon Ridge Vineyard.
Join our Mailing List
To keep abreast of our new releases, tasting schedule and special events, join our mailing list by subscribing below.